Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Character Model

Started working on a new model as of yesterday. Another female, but the character I made a concept for is fairly exposed, so it allows me to focus on modelling the anatomy (I'll do a male next, I promise!).

I normally do the block out method, but this time I did the plane-extrude one. So far I find it working quite well, especially when getting the finer details in the muscles before I take ZBrush to it. It also allows me to do each muscle group separately, i.e: I was extruding the neck out to start, but when I tried to define the neck I wasn't liking the result, so I did planes and extruded and ended up with a better result (as seen in image 2).

I worked on the head yesterday, and today I did half of the body. Tomorrow I will most likely finish the arm and leg and mirror the body (yes, the head and neck aren't connected yet).




No comments:

Post a Comment